And just like that we’ve come to the end of the “How to Thrift” Series. Over the last two weeks, I’ve shared with you all the tips you need before and during a trip to the thrift; now we are going to go over a few things you need to do once you have come home!
- Wash what needs to be washed. Dry clean what needs to be dry cleaned! This should be a no brainier but I wanted to include it. Be sure to wash or dry clean all of your new pieces from the thrift before you put them away.
- Style Away! After everything is clean, it’s a good idea to introduce your new goods to your old goodies. Style a few pieces together and create some outfits.
You thought there was going to be more to this step….nope lol! You’ve done all the hard work and now you get to relax and enjoy your bounty! Before I go, I want to give you a few bonus tips
- Nip and Tuck! If you try something on in the store and its a bit to big or too small, you can always have it altered for a perfect fit. Be sure to factor in that cost with the purchase price of the item!
- Slow and steady wins the race! Try to avoid buying everything you see simply because of the price; just because that J. Crew sweater is $5 does not mean you need to get it if you know you won’t wear it. Be selective with your finds!
- Pintrest! Just like Google images, Pintrest is an amazing resource for styling your newly acquired goodies and a great place to search for items you want to thrift! I suggest creating a board for things you want to find in the thrift and one for looks you want to re-create! Trust me, its so cool to check an item or look off your list!
- HAVE FUN! I’ve said this before but have fun! Don’t take thrifting so seriously and remember if you don’t find what you are looking for today, there is always tomorrow!